- You are quite welcome to come up to me, and try to get my attention….otherwise you will be completely ignored;
- If you do ‘risk it’ and open your mouth, just make sure that you say something I want to hear;
- Every problem you have is your fault by default…so already know what you are going to do about it – you should merely be asking for my permission (as in begging);
- …which I won’t give (at least not clearly or straight away or in any timescale that is of use to you)…but I will still hold you accountable.
- Conversely, if I want you, I will summon you through my ‘open door’ and into my domain as and when I wish (I won’t pick up the phone or come to you).
Meanwhile, in another Universe: Managers Leaders ‘go to the Gemba’.